01/09/2023

Mallorca 2023 Day 6

On this day we had to move from our Bnb in S'Illot to a "finca" we rented for 7 nights near Vilafranca-de-Bonany. Yes it's in the name, this town is near to a well known SOTA summit, Puig de Bonany.
But first we went to visit Puig de Sant Salvador, which is an easy drive-up.

Here a few views for the tourists ...



For a ham, the antenna towers are of course more interesting.



SOTA EA6/MA-035, Puig de Sant Salvador - 510m, 4 Points


And now for the SOTA activation!
I found a nice spot to set up my station, down from the main road, and this time the place was very quiet.
When I was here in 2017, some 100 kids were making a lot of noise, and there was loud music for a rope skipping competition. See my previous report here



Having a nice picnic bench to set up, I could display all my stuff, including a large callsign label and a page with QR-codes, leading to a Spanish and an English page, explainging SOTA.
(if you haven't seen it yet, read the English page here)
This was a "SOTA-de-Luxe" activation.


The results were not spectacular, I made 23 QSO's in 1 hour and 10 minutes. But having 5 S2S contacts was great. 




We had a lunch in a nice restaurant in Felanitx, and then it was time to drive to our second target for that day, Puig de Bonany. Some views for the tourists ...



And another antenna tower for the hams ... of course!



SOTA   EA6/MA-056, Puig de Bonany - 317m, 2 Points



It was again getting very hot, so I found a place under a tree, and made it a short activation.
I had 25 QSO's in just 25 minutes, which was good enough for me. 


Not sure if the spots on my head are from too much RF exposure ? ... SOTA is a dangerous hobby !


After that we drove to the nearby finca, where we had a swimming pool all to ourselves ... and tried to stay cool ;-)

Continue reading ... go to DAY 9 

or

Go back to overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.