20/06/2022

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2022 - Day 2

Two summits in the FL/VO region

FL/VO-080, Rothenbachkopf - 1316m, 10 points




I wanted to do this summit for a long time. On previous trips I had to cancel it a first time due to bad weather, and a second time because of excessive delay on my schedule. 
Third time's the charm, so this time it had to work !


The track is well documented on the SotaMaps page, so no need for more info here. 
Just drive to the parking spot for Rothenbachkopf, at position 
48.004907, 6.978345 , and follow one of the possible tracks. We took the 'long path' , since the final stretch is less steep.


It was quite windy at the summit, but the temperature was still above 20°C.
I set up a little below the actual summit, to get some protection from the wind, and away from the many visitors on the top. I had a nice view towards the "Batteriekopf" (not a SOTA summit).


I kept this activation short, so only 14 QSO's in the log here.



FL/VO-001, Le Grand Ballon de Guebwiller - 1424m, 10 points


This summit is a very busy place, many visitors, so I set up my station at the "stone field" which is still in the AZ. Even there there are a lot of visitors.


I kept the activation short, since we had to drive to Freiburg im Breisgau after that. In 25 minutes,  I made 23 QSO's on 40m and 20m SSB, and 1 S2S on 20m CW.

Once settled in our B&B, we went for dinner and boy, did that beer taste good !




Continue reading ... go to DAY 5

or

Go back to overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.