22/06/2023

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2023 - Day 3

 OK, today we will drive the last part to Friedrichshafen.

I had again planned three summits, and had agreed with Michael DB7MM to meet on the second summit.
But the weather predictions said that the afternoon would bring severe thunderstorms or even tornadoes.

So I canceled my third summit (DM/BW-856, Kapellenberg), I'll have to do that one another year ...

I left my hotel early , at 08:30 local time, and arrived at my first summit at 08:55, temperature was 21°C.

DM/BW-131,  Ipf - 668m, 6 points


Parking position  48.869316, 10.366630 , near the Celtic open air museum.
Walking time 15 minutes one way.

I didn't record a track, since there is a track by Markus, HB9DIZ on the SMP site.


The summit is not very exiting, its just a large open grass field with no shadow. There should be some Celtic remains in the ground, if you want to go looking for them ... 

But that was not what I came for, so I returned a little to the first trees below the summit and setup in the shade.



Result : 23 QSO's with 3 S2S, no DX.



DM/BW-653,  Grünenberg - 733m, 6 points


Parking position  48.846148, 10.128824
Walking time 25 minutes one way.

The weather still looked good, so I wanted to do this summit, as I needed it for complete. I arrived at 11:05, temperature was now 27°C. I went to the "Vaterswald-Hütte", which is in the Activation Zone and makes a nice outdoor shack. 

I couldn't get the spike for my fishing pole in the ground, so I just put it against the tree, and let the wire hang like that, it worked just as well , hi.

I was sitting comfy at the large bench, and was completely protected from the sun.



Result : 19 QSO's with 6 S2S, no DX.



I left the parking at 13:45, it was still a long drive to my AirBnb apartment in Friedrichshafen, where I arrived at 16:15. 
I probably could have done the third summit, there were no thunderstorms until later that evening, and certainly no tornadoes in the area, but of course ... you never know, and better safe than sorry.

I had found a nice apartment at walking distance from the Ham Radio, and with a nice Italian restaurant just around the corner, so I had a good meal and went to bed early, because the next day would be very busy ...

Read all about that on DAY 4 

or

Go back to overview HERE

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.