30/08/2023

Mallorca 2023 Day 4

On day 4, we first played the tourist, visiting Torre de Canyamel and Castell de Capdepera.

Then, looking at the POTA map, I found a nearby park that had not been activated.

POTA EA-1247 Cova de can Bordils Natura 2000


There is not much to see, because the "park" is actually an underground cave, but the area above is protected in the Natura 2000 program.
So there is a small problem : where is the park ?

I found a pdf document on the website of the Baleares protection agency (link). It lists all the cave areas, and on page 15 of that document , I found this map:

(source: Govern de les Illes Balears)

So I chose an operating spot within the dotted area (see arrow above), parking position was 39.556571, 3.350129. It can be seen in Google Streetview.
A few metres away, there was a nice bench, and I could tie my carbon pole to a bicycle rack, conveniently placed far enough to stretch the antenna.


This was a late afternoon activation, and the sun was scorching, so I was lucky to have taken my little umbrella with me!


I made 21 QSO's in 40 minutes, and this included 4 DX (3 W, 1 VE) which was a great result.
All was done in CW on 40/20/17m.

Continue reading ... go to DAY 6 


or

Go back to overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.