04/09/2023

Mallorca 2023 Day 9

Another quiet day, I looked for an easy activation without much driving and found this one.

POTA EA-1899 Pla de Vilafranca Natura 2000


It was just 9 km from our Bnb, parking postion 39.541092, 3.081282
This is a large protected area, so I'm sure many other places to operate can be found.
Check out the area on this map :

As I found out later, Lorenzo EA6KB had been activating here the day before,at exactly the same spot, without knowing of each other. Quite a coincidence !

Of course, we couldn't bring any folding chairs from Belgium. But in the garage of the finca we found a few plastic childrens' chairs. So we took two of those in the car, they were a bit small, but always better than sitting on the ground, hi.  
In the picture you can see the 9:1 UNUN tied up to the handle of my backpack.


And I was sitting comfortably under the big tree ...



I made 14 QSO's here, including one P2P. And it was nice to work two ON friends, thanks ON5GL and ON4CB! 


Continue reading ... go to DAY 10 


or

Go back to the overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.