29/06/2022

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2022 - Day 11

From Heidelberg to Trier

Another day with a lot of driving, but still time to do one summit along the road.

I had found two summits that I needed for complete, Melibocus and Felsberg, both near Zwingenberg, north of Heidelberg. According to my info , DM/HE-314, Melibocus would be a drive-up summit. But at some point there was a sign that said it was forbidden for cars. Since we were in a bit of a hurry, we returned and took the other sumit that I hoped would be a drive-up, and it was! There is a restaurant and a large parking area on the summit.

DM/HE-102, Felsberg - 514m, 4 points 



The parking position is here 49.730188, 8.685477. The stone tower can not be climbed.




Being on a weekday, the whole place was deserted, so I quickly set up and started my activation. I had two good pile-ups on 40m and on 20m, resulting in 37 QSO's in the log, and three S2S.



After that it was time to drive to Trier, our last stop before going home. We had a BnB near the Moselle river that was very nice.


Continue reading ... go to the final day of the trip : DAY 12


or

Go back to overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.