11/09/2023

Mallorca 2023 Day 16

On our last full day on Mallorca, we hadn't planned much, except for a meeting with two SOTA friends, more about that later.

But the small house where we stayed had no back yard or terrace where we could spend some time outside .. so I found nothing better than to go out for ... another SOTA activation !
I was lucky that the YL agreed, anything better than to sit in  a cramped bedroom ... and we didn't need to do more shopping, our suitcases were already full, hi.

The nearest summit was this one, and it was only 6 km from where we stayed in Inca.

SOTA EA6/MA-060 (Santa Magdalena)

also valid for   VGIB-093 – REG Santa Magdalena


Parking spot is  at 39.72741, 2.95564, this is a family picnic place.
From there it's a 10 minute walk to the summit. Also see my previous report here


The large building with the cross is less than 200m away from the "vertice" so this activation was also valid for the DVGE program. Here a view of the area, taken near the vertice.



We spent 3 hours on the summit, so I had a long activation, resulting in 85 QSO's, the largest number for this trip. This included 6 S2S. Here a map of the QSO's (one chaser seems to live in Antartica, but probably hasn't set his QTH correctly in the database, hi).

 


°°°

After a nice lunch in the restaurant of social organization "Esment" in Inca (see their website here), and a last walk through the city, we had an appointment with two "big shots" of EA6 SOTA and POTA ... Lorenzo EA6KB and Ricardo EA6LU. We met in a local bar for a coffee and a chat.


I had met Ricardo and his wife on my previous visit, he was then still EA6AIF.
I had never met Lorenzo before, but worked him a number of times from home. 
We had a long exchange of ideas about antenna's, CW keys, and a lot of other subjects concerning portable operating ... all very interesting. 

I was a little puzzled when Ricardo asked me if I still used my "dipolo Coca-Cola" ?
Then I realized he meant my link dipole, which I used in 2017, and where the links are made with bottle caps from Coca-Cola, but also other bottles, so as to get all kinds of colors ... making it easier to switch bands.
I still have the link dipole, but don't use it very often.

Ricardo also sent me this nice "selfie" of the four of us.



And that concludes my report of the Mallorca Trip 2023. Day 17 was just handing in the rental car and take the flight home.
One last look at the Serra de Tramuntana (and Puig Major) from the plane ... and we're gone !



See you on antoher adventure soon !

73,

Luc ON7DQ

Go back to the overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.