21/06/2024

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2024 - Day 2

On day 2 we traveled from Villmar to Eisingen near Würzburg.
This was the APRS track.


Along the road, just two SOTA activations.

DM/HE-003, Großer Feldberg - 879m, 10 points
POTA DE-0034 Taunus Nature Park


I activated this summit also last year, and had to use my umbrella to protect myself from the sun. This time I needed it because it was raining ...
I parked in the same spot as last year, pos 50.231557, 8.458064, near the Feldberghaus restaurant.


I made 30 QSO's here, including 3 S2S. Here a map of the QSO's


During my activation, my XYL went for a walk, and visited the Falkenhof (see https://www.falknerei-feldberg.de/ , website is only in German). It's an animal shelter for birds of prey.



Here a few of those birds.


DM/BM-377, Geiersberg - 586m, 4 points
POTA DE-0028 Bayrischer Spessart Nature Park

In the afternoon, we made a stop at this summit. Parking at pos 49.900014, 9.426681, where there is place for two cars, just left and right of the track entrance.


From there, it is only a short walk to the summit. I set up my station in view of the big transmitting tower, which is in the AZ.

I started in the rain , under my big umbrella, but after a while the rain stopped, and I could put the umbrella aside.



27 QSO's with 2 S2S made this another good activation.



Continue reading ... go to DAY 3 

or

Go back to overview HERE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.