30/06/2022

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2022 - Day 12

One more summit and then home !

As the title says ... we left Trier, filled up on fuel in Luxemburg and drove to the new LX summit I hadn't activated yet.

LX/LX-005, Preventbüsch - 436m, 4 points

Strange enough, the road to the summit that comes from the north, starting at 49.726124, 6.167494 along Route 101 (Rue de Fishbach), had no forbidding sign when I looked it up in Google Streetview, but now there was a sign. [EDIT : Google Streetview has since been updated and now also shows this sign]

On the other hand, it seems that the sign on the south side of the summit was removed, so now one can approach from here : 49.707111, 6.170286 . 


The parking spot is next to the radio tower, pos 49.711169, 6.166424
A short walk takes you to a wooded area where you can set up in the shade.


Now, as you can see in the above pictures, I had bad luck ... technicians were placing new cellphone antennas on the tower. They were very friendly and let us pass without problems. But they probably had cut off all cellphone transmitters, which meant I had no connection at all !

So this was an activation "old style", no self-spotting possible.
I used only CW, and hoped that RBN would pick me up.
And it worked, I was spotted on 40m 20m and 17m. 17 QSO's in the log, and thanks to Fabio IK2LEY/P, also one S2S.  



Nothing more to tell than that we had a long drive home, heavy traffic, and also heavy rainfall on the last 60 km. But we made it !

This was the last page of this story ... 

See you for another SOTA story soon ... 73,

Luc ON7DQ

Go back to overview HERE


3 comments:

  1. A good finish to a fine road trip Luc. It makes me think I should restart writing up my SOTA exploits again in my blog, but writing the recent SOTA intensive Friedrichshafen tour from Prague with GI4ONL would take too much of my valuable time. Thanks for an interesting write up and lovely photos, and best wishes to your YL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luc, thanks for this SOTA roadbook! Will by one of my favorites when I plan Friedrichshafen once upon a time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the useful parking advice using lat/long refs throughout your blog Luc. I did write up my blog for the 2022 FN trip from Prague with GI4ONL after all! I hope to visit LX-005 this year and several of the other summits you have activated and provided useful notes for in the DM/RP and DM/SR regions 73 Phil

    ReplyDelete

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.