From Karlsruhe to Trier, 258 km
There were a lot of summits in the DM/RP area to choose from. I have activated only 16 of the 60 summits so far. I chose my first summit because it would be a complete (= chased and activated).
DM/RP-433, Rehberg - 564m, 4 points
I arrived at the parking at 09:30 local time, position 49.187562, 7.964390
Temperature was 23°C.
I followed the track by DD6FM from SotaMaps, with a small diversion.
I followed the track by DD6FM from SotaMaps, with a small diversion.
I tried to follow the mountainbike tracks as a shortcut, but I don't think that's a good idea. Parts of that track are very steep, and there are some boulders where you have to climb over.
And what if a mountainbiker would come down at full speed ?
So when I came back down, I just followed the main paths, much easier and safer!
At the summit is a lookout tower, and beside it was a picnic bench, which was in the shade. Ideal to set up my outdoor shack.
40 minutes later, I had logged 22 QSO's, with 3 S2S, on 40m and 20m CW and SSB.
Parking is here 49.674106, 6.833372, which is in the activation zone.
So when I came back down, I just followed the main paths, much easier and safer!
This was the ascending track ... and this was the descent.
Can you spot the difference?
The walk was not easy, but I passed some beautiful places, like these interesting rock formations.
40 minutes later, I had logged 22 QSO's, with 3 S2S, on 40m and 20m CW and SSB.
After my activation, I climbed the tower, and had a nice view over the area.
For my second summit, I chose an easy drive-up.
DM/RP-171, Röster Kopf - 708m, 6 points
Parking is here 49.674106, 6.833372, which is in the activation zone.
There is an old worn-out picnic bench near the road, but it is useful as an operating spot. I had to take my umbrella again, the sun was burning with temperatures nearing the 30°C again.
I kept the activation short because I still had some driving to do. I made only 14 CW QSO's, no S2S.
I kept the activation short because I still had some driving to do. I made only 14 CW QSO's, no S2S.
My last AirBnb for this trip was in the small village of Föhren near Trier.
Culinary tip : I can recommend this Italian restaurant in the nearby village of Quint.
Continue reading ... go to DAY 11
or
Go back to overview HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment
All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.