From Vorderfalkau to Friedrichshafen, 151 km
This day, I had planned two easy drive-ups, that I had visited several times before.
DM/BW-015, Hochfirst - 1190m, 10 points
It was only 15km from my Bnb to the summit. I arrived early enough to grab the only bench that is in the shade. Temperature at arrival was 25°C. This was my third activation here, the view over the Titisee never gets boring.
I mounted the 9.15m endfed with one 6m pole, and on another pole was the Hourglass antenna, attached to the back of the bench, so I could operate from HF to VHF. I also carried a small table to make a comfortable outdoor shack.
22 QSO's and 5 S2S, in about 45 minutes. All 18 HF QSO's were on 40m, mainly CW.
On 2m the best DX was 312 km, nice !
DM/BW-193, Schächer - 921m, 10 points
Another classic, easy drive-up. Parking here : 47.888629, 8.577234, near the big TV tower.
I could park my car under the trees, and just behind the bushes is a nice picnic bench, which is in the shade.
I still had to eat my lunch, but first set up two antennas again, for HF and VHF, so I could listen for some S2S while having lunch.
I guess you better avoid this summit in a weekend, the place was full of garbage, probably people were having wild parties at the BBQ place.
My activation went well, in just over 1 hour, I had made 28 QSO's, with an incredible 12 S2S. It was clear that a lot of hams were in the area, all coming to the Ham Radio. Best DX on 2m was 247 km, again a nice result for 10 Watts and the Hourglass antenna.Lucky for me, the AirBnb was in a basement, and indoors it was a 'cool' 26°C. Alas, no airconditioning here, but my big tower fan helped somewhat to survive, hi.
Tomorrow a day of rest , with some shopping, only one summit, and the SOTA Dinner.
Continue reading ... go to DAY 6
or
Go back to overview HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment
All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.