26/06/2026

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2026 - Day 6

One summit, and the SOTA Dinner !

This day, I took it very easy.

Did some shopping in the morning, and in the afternoon I prepared to go to a 'classic' summit, followed by the traditional SOTA Dinner.

DM/BW-854, Höchsten - 838m, 8 Points


This was my 7th activation here, so indeed becoming a classic.

The parking spot at 47.819749, 9.402346 is already in the AZ, but was fully in the sunshine ...a no go.
Beyond the bandstand are a number of benches in the shade, that looked much better.
I had carried a small table, so I had a comfortable setup.


I had again taken two 6m Decathlon poles, so I could set up the random endfed for HF, and the Hourglass antenna for VHF, at the same time.


 Another item that came in handy, was the double PC fan with it's own battery. It has a series/parallel switch to make it a two-speed fan. Nice to cool the rig ... AND the operator, with temperatures going above 30°C !
 

I made 40 QSO's here, with 5 S2S, in about 1 hour and 40 minutes. A very pleasant activation indeed.
I was so busy on HF that I only had time for two QSO's on 2m, one in FM and one in SSB.


The SOTA Dinner

At 18:00 local time, some 60 people gathered in the Gasthof Adler in Hefigkofen. The dinner was again perfectly arranged by Joe OE5JFE, and the people at the Gasthof did their best to switftly serve drinks and food. With this weather, the cold salad dishes were most popular ... and the cool drinks even more so !

Here I'm sitting with some SOTA friends, the picture was taken by Joe, and more pictures can be found here


After the main dish, there is always room for ice cream 😋


There was a lot of talking about SOTA, transceivers, antenna's, etc ... and the best thing is you get to meet many SOTA friends you only knew from the radio. An event not to miss !

Tomorrow we go to the Ham Radio fair.

Continue reading ... go to DAY 7

or

Go back to overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.