01/07/2024

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2024 - Day 12

 Triberg Waterfalls


Proudly presented as "Deutschlands Höhste Wasserfälle" with a height of 163m ... that is if you sum up the height of seven small water chutes along the way ... none of those are actually spectacular.

We parked here 48.123249, 8.222143 (Parkplatz Adelheid), but there are several other entry points where you can park and start your visit.

With a 3.75€ parking fee, and another 8€ per person to get into the park, this looks a bit like a tourist trap ... but it's still a nice day out, and the whole place is well maintained. 


At midday, we had our lunch on the parking lot near the car. The weather looked nice enough to have a second attempt to activate Kandel. So off we went ...

DM/BW-009, Kandel - 1241m, 10 points
DA-0004 Südschwarzwald Nature Park

When we arrived at the parking for Kandel (pos 48.065336, 8.016146), it was cloudy but still dry. 


But just as I was setting up, it started raining, so I had to move all my stuff up in the watchtower. I still had to set up my antenna, in the pouring rain, so by the time I got under the roof, I was already quite wet. 


I tried to keep the equipment dry with a towel and the plastic cover of my Go-Box. 


But the situation was getting worse, the wind was sweeping the rain under the roof, so I had to keep the activation very short and abandon ship after only 5 QSO's, just enough to have a valid activation. Not even one S2S this time, oh well ... 


Driving down from the summit was a bit dangerous, the visibility was very bad, but we made it safely  back to our Bnb.

Continue reading ... go to DAY 13

or

Go back to overview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.