24/06/2023

ON7DQ Friedrichshafen 2023 - Day 5



After a busy day on day 4, I took it a little easier today. I only went to the Ham Radio by noon, to meet the SOTA friends at the booth, and on the SOTA meeting in the afternoon.

At the SOTA booth

Again very busy 


Meeting Bruno, HB9CBR, who is in my log many times 


The SOTA Meeting



Andy, MM0FMF, explaining the ins and outs of the new Database

Stephan, HB9EAJ, showing how to selfspot for SOTA or POTA with the new SOTAmāt application


Ludwig, DH8WN, sharing his experience about building simple SOTA stuff. Also in the picture is Sylvia OE5YYN, who organized this meeting.


The final speaker was Jürg, HB9BIN, who is not only super fast in CW, but also moving all the time, so I could not get a clear picture , hi. Jürg told us about the 'pleasure' (?) of big pile-ups when you activate SOTA and WWFF at the same time.


After the meeting, I left the Ham Radio for a quick activation of ...


DM/BW-348, Gehrenberg - 754m, 8 Points


Parking spot:
I checked again, and it was confirmed by others at the SOTA dinner, there is no longer a forbidding sign at pos 47.743798, 9.415194, so one can drive up to this parking spot 47.742628, 9.423206, which is very close to the summit. Or you can stop at the transmitting tower (pos 47.743361, 9.423343) and operate there, it is also in the Activation Zone.
Walking time: 2 minutes to the real summit, or none if you operate near the tower ...

I didn't see any other activators this time, and had a good half hour of SOTA fun.

Result 16 QSO's with 2 S2S, and 1 DX (EA8)



That concluded this day, I had a beer and a pizza at a local restaurant ... and while sitting there, I saw another ham parking his car (the giveaway was the antenna on his car of course).
So I asked him to join me and we had a brief conversation, it was Thomas DL1ASA, who is also a keen outdoor activator (check his QRZ page).


Continue reading ... go to DAY 6 
 
or

Go back to overview HERE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.