02/09/2016

The "Dutch SOTA" Tour - Day 3

Day 3 of my short trip meant I had to go home, and had only time for one more summit.

ON/ON-028 Waterschei, 195m, 1 point


I had done this summit the year before, so agin , I parked at the Crystal Arena, at position 51.006741, 5.537109. This is very close to the start of the track.

Last time I had done a long walk around the summit to climb it from the North.
This time I took the more direct approach from the South.
Conclusion : this summit is steep from whatever side you come !
And the slopes are a bit dangerous, it's best to carry at least one walking stick to keep you upright.




Of course, when you make it to the top, the view is the best of all Belgian summits.
You have a 360° clear view, here some of the things you'll see.



The summit itself has very limited space, still I was able to set up my full size 40m linked dipole.



Using the big block of concrete as a support for the fishing pole, and as an operating table.



I spent almost one and a half hour on the summit, and made 30 QSO's on 40m and 20m, mixing SSB and CW. This included also 3 S2S contacts.

That activation was also the end of my trip. I still had to drive 200 km to get back home.

See you on another SOTA adventure !

73,

Luc ON7DQ






No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.