From Bühl to Vorderfalkau (Feldberg), 191 km
Going South through the Black Forest today, which means driving some scenic roads ... and seeing lots of trees!
DM/BW-047, Badener Höhe - 1002m, 10 points
Parking : 48.661485, 8.265613, temperature 26°C.
There is an official parking place across the main road (pos 48.658440, 8.266887), but I found this parking spot just beyond the church of Herrenwies, it's much closer to the start of the track.
I followed the track from SotaMaps, it took me about 1 hour to reach the summit, and I found it a long and boring walk, all on gravel road. This is the view most of the time.
To return, I used a slightly different track, which is more adventurous, going through the forest. It is a nicer, more scenic walk. See the track on the summit page.
Lots of walkers came by, and I had to explain to a few what I was doing. Still, in less than an hour I had logged 38 QSO's with 6 S2S.
DM/BW-067, Brandenkopf - 945m, 10 points
Drive-up summit, parking at position 48.338569, 8.153926, near the massive tower and restaurant.
I arrived at 13:50 local time, it was already 29°C now. I still had to eat my lunch, and then it was time to play radio!
Near the tower is a picnic bench, and since the restaurant was closed today, nobody was there.
From where I was sitting, I had a nice view of my Big Brother ... the TV transmitting tower.
After that, again time to find my next Bnb in Vorderfalkau, a small village near the Feldberg, the highest summit in the Black Forest. I was lucky that the apartment was half underground, so it was a "cool" 24°C inside.
The view from the terrace at the back was nice enough, but no way I could spend a lot of time on it. Too HOT!
Continue reading ... go to DAY 4
or
Go back to overview HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment
All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.